The Challenge quilts are a fundraiser for Quilt Visions and will be on view October 15 through January 23, 2011 during the exhibition, “The Art of the Stitch.”
Quilts measure 12″ square and include hand and/or machine embroidery.
Quilts are be for sale and are priced at $150, $200 or $250. Proceeds benefit the artists and Quilt Visions.
Member Challenge Entry Requirements
Visions Challenges are a great way to have your work on exhibit and also for sale. The requirements are simple:
- You must be a member of Visions Art Museum.
- The work must relate to the theme of the challenge and be the exact dimensions of that challenge.
- The work must be for sale. This fundraising opportunity benefits both the artists and the museum. The museum retains 50% of the retail price.
- The quilts are priced at $150, $200, or $250. You choose the price.
- The artist is responsible for shipping to and from the museum.
- Payment for sold challenge quilts is made in the month following the sale.
Please sew at least a 2″ sleeve onto the back for installation. Your quilt should have a permanent label on the bottom back corner with the title of the quilt, your name, the date the quilt was finished, and your contact information.